Roblox, Backend Software Engineer - Growth, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Backend Software Engineer on the Growth team you will design and develop features and systems which will play a critical role in growing Roblox to 100M MAUs. You will be leading technical discussions with the entire team, mentoring and leading engineers, and collaborate closely with Product Management and Analytics to iterate and enhance Roblox.
- Passionate and love data driven growth
- Fluent in backend software development
- Experienced with designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining products at scale
- Strong technical leader who can design high-level architectural systems while also able to dive deep to provide detailed technical guidance.
- A great communicator who can collaborate effectively across teams
- Build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Help lead and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Develop features that will attract and retain the next generation of Roblox users
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.