Roblox, Backend Web Engineer - Monetization, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Backend Web Engineer - Monetization, you’ll be responsible for providing the most fluid payment experience for our users. The monetization team handles 8 different payment providers which handled over 26 million unique transactions in 2016 and over 72 million in 2017. Current efforts are focused on tackling alternative payment providers in international markets where using a credit card online is not the norm. You will also maintain a virtual marketplace that handles over 1.4 billion transactions a year. The team provides the infrastructure, tooling, and data to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top devs making over $1 million in 2017. Monetization is one of the most critical subsystems on the Roblox platform.
- Experienced: 5+ years of development experience shipping high complexity code.
- A Leader: You have a proven track record of leading projects, mentoring junior engineers, influencing technology and teams around you.
- Effective: Fluent in backend software development.
- Passionate: Someone who enjoys user-facing applications that affect millions of people a day.
- A Team Player: Participate in code and design reviews, giving feedback to engineers as well as product input.
- Help lead and build backend services across a large distributed systems
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.