Roblox, Senior Community Manager, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Senior Community Manager on the Developer Relations team you’ll be joining a rapidly growing organization which enables the success of developers on our platform through a variety of initiatives. You will act as voice of developer back to our product and engineering groups, and design and build new programs to support and empower our community of 3+M developers and creators.
- Meticulously detail oriented, with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative, with strong communication and relationship building skills to get things done in partnership with other groups
- Passionate about developer success and in particular enjoy being a coach and mentor to up-and-coming developers
- Self-directed, with the ability to define your own work and processes
- Comfortable with using Social Media and willing to act as a representative of Roblox on social media
- Metrics driven, you understand how to establish measures for success and leverage them to continuously improve programs and processes
- A dynamic and engaging presenter, both in person and in the virtual world
- A Gamer at Heart, you love games and want to help bring those to life on our User Generated Content platform
- Design programs to help empower, celebrate and elevate developers worldwide on the Roblox platform
- Develop and implement programs to enable the success and issues of millions of developers, worldwide
- Help to improve and define metrics to understand different skill levels of developers
- Work closely with internal teams to promote new content to our developers as appropriate to their skill levels and interest
- Develop and implement reports to reflect the impact and health of programs, and the health of the developer community
- 5+ years Community Management experience, preferably working with large technical communities
- Built and implemented large, scalable programs that engage and build online communities at a global level
- A deep understanding of the developer ecosystem, with extensive experience working with and coaching developers at all levels (bonus points if it's within the gaming community)
- Experience leveraging Social Media to connect with the developer or other technical communities
- Experience working with creators of all types, including artists, designers and other skills involved in creating games
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.