Roblox, Community Manager, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Community Manager on the Developer Relations team you’ll be joining a rapidly growing organization which enables the success of developers on our platform through a variety of initiatives. Roblox is a fun and effective platform for young developers to program, build great games, and develop entrepreneurial skills. At Roblox, we don’t just want users to play games, we want them to make them. You will act as voice of developer back to our product and engineering groups, and design and build new programs to support and empower our community of 1.9M developers and creators.
- Meticulously detail oriented: you have strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Skilled: you are experienced in project management of software projects using Agile - ideally in gaming
- Collaborative: you have strong communication and relationship building skills to get things done in partnership with other groups
- Passionate: you care about developer success and in particular enjoy being a coach and mentor to up-and-coming developers
- Self-directed: you have ability to define your own work and processes
- Comfortable with using social media: willing to act as a representative of Roblox on social media
- A gamer at heart: you love games and want to help bring those to life on our User Generated Content platform
- Work with the developer relations team to design programs to help empower, celebrate and support developers worldwide on the Roblox platform. You will be critical in designing and implementing these new programs.
- Help to improve and define metrics to understand different skill levels of developers
- Work closely with internal teams to promote new content to our developers as appropriate to their skill levels and interest
- Develop and implement reports to reflect the impact and health of programs, and the health of the developer community.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.