Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Manager, Storage Platform, you'll lead a team to design, implement and operate one of critical data infrastructure services:KV store(CockroachDB), Cache(Redis & Memcached), Kafka, OLAP(ClickHouse) and Object Storage. Our infrastructure services handle tens of millions of requests per second today and need to scale 10x in a cost effective way for tomorrow's business. If you are passionate about solving large distributed system problems and building world-class infrastructure to power the Roblox metaverse, join us!
- Experienced Engineering Manager, with at least 5+ years of managerial experience managing technical teams.
- A leader with experience with people management skills and an ability to hire and grow an accomplished team of engineers.
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed.
- Data-driven quality metrics and monitoring.
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across large distributed systems
- Has working experiences in at least one of following technologies: Distributed SQL/NoSQL databases, Distributed Caching, Apache Kafka, OLAP and Object Storage.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Manage and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Establish the roadmap and grow our storage infrastructure services to achieve our vision of Infrastructure-as-a-Service to support internal users and game developers.
- Work with engineers and other leaders to improve our infrastructure offering in the areas of availability, reliability, performance, and developer experience.
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design processes for launching products and features.
- Develop, track and improve key metrics for quality and team performance.
- Align stakeholders between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar