Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The Compensation Manager will join our Total Rewards team and will be instrumental in making that vision a reality. The role will partner with a group of senior leaders and their organizations supporting and evolving Roblox’s unique approach to compensation, leadership and culture.
- Partner with Business leaders & HRBP’s to enable business outcomes by way of influencing decisions aligned with Roblox’s Compensation Philosophy
- Partner closely with recruiting organization to help Roblox hire the very best in a challenging market for technical talent
- Bring thought leadership & governance in partnership with HR, Business, Legal, Finance and other stakeholders
- Lead with internal & market insights to drive compensation solutions with business
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Be a trusted advisor to business leaders and take accountability on compensation decisions and strategy - must be able to influence and drive decisions at Executive leadership levels
- Drive consistency in compensation planning, program administration, performance cycles and comp program automation projects
- Lead direction on market analysis and job profile insights for new and existing roles in business
- Be an influencer and collaborator on a range of Compensation and Total Rewards topics
- Enhance Communication and effectiveness of our programs including comp cycle, equity programs, market review, etc.
- Assess the effectiveness of our compensation strategy for our engineering and product organizations, while optimizing for employee experience
- Consult on the design and administration of global programs, processes, market analysis, annual budget planning and focal review
- Develop, implement, and manage base, variable, and equity compensation programs
- Partner with leadership on cost impacts relating to location strategy and cash and equity programs across all organizations
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BA/BS/MBA in Human Resources, Economics, Statistics or similar field 8+ years of experience including experience in leading and influencing key senior stakeholders
- Proven thought partnership and strategic influence including experience working with senior HRBP's, C-suite Business leaders and multiple cross functional stakeholder Demonstrated experience leading and motivating diverse teams
- Previous experience working with both broad based and executive compensation
- Good analytical and quantitative skills, proficient using data and analytics to solve problems or substantiate your suggestions. Baseline statistics such as standard deviations, correlations, etc. Advanced modeling skills
- Demonstrated experience of attention to detail, diligence, conscientiousness
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- You are a team player, low-ego and highly collaborative
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
- You are able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels (including senior leadership) in a quantitative, no-BS environment
- You are a strongly structured problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are a “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage
- Good understanding of fundamental business and financial concepts and a history of effectively collaborating with Finance teams, Legal and Compensation Committee (of the Board)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar