Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Machine Learning Technical Director on the game engine team, you will lead the design and implementation of machine learning in the Roblox game client and servers. We are looking for strong generalist engineering leaders with recent experience and strong passion for machine learning systems. Creativity, deep technical experience, and leadership skills are all critical to this role. You will work with both game engine teams and data scientists to implement models and integrate them into the Roblox engine for a variety of ML-based tasks around security, gameplay, and performance. To succeed you’ll need industry experience with both probabilistic and deterministic models along with broad experience in generalist C/C++ development.
- B.Sc., MS or Ph.d in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning or a related field.
- Extensive experience in deep learning, classifiers, clustering algorithms and anomaly detection
- Hands-on experience in machine learning based systems
- Strong programming skills with professional experience in C++
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Confidence working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Develop highly scalable tools to leverage machine learning and rules based models for improving security and performance
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to identify, suggest and collect the requirements and create effective feature roadmaps
- Deliver code in tandem with the Roblox game engine engineering team
- Own ML-based projects throughout their full lifecycles, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in building large scale ML systems at consumer facing company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar