Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key participant in helping our Data Infrastructure team shape the future of Roblox. You will have primary responsibility in building the massive horizontally scalable streaming analysis pipelines that feed not only our Data Lake, Data Warehouse but also business critical applications.
- Passionate about development: We are Java, Go developers and are looking for applicants who have demonstrable expertise in using these languages at scale.
- 8+ years of experience with AWS Cloud as well as automation frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- 8+ years of experience with different real-time data streaming technologies tools such as Kafka, Spark, Beam, Samza or Flink.
- Own design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of Roblox Core Data Pipeline.
- Capable of working Individually and collaboratively with other engineers.
- Work with our software stack such as: Kafka ,Spark or Flink- the engines upon which we are building our next generation streaming pipelines for Roblox scale.
- Be a part of a collaborative team: The Data Infrastructure Team and the Analytics Team are combined at Roblox to ensure that data processing and analytics are driven primarily by the user needs--ie,query patterns and products requirements.
- Design Structures: For compact encoding of data for in-memory storage to enable in-stream computation-message fidelity from source to target: preserving message ordering guarantees across all nodes in the cluster.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar