Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As Data Scientist for People Analytics , you will blend deep data visualization skills with statistical analysis background to develop reporting solutions that will help drive informed business decisions for the People Organization. You will be tasked with getting a deep understanding of the People organization functions, leveraging data to inform leadership of trends, challenges and opportunities. You will focus on the analytics reporting framework while making recommendations to improve existing data-collection processes. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets and developing tools that enable data-driven decision making.
- Partner with the various teams within the People organization to solve problems and identify key business metrics, trends and analytical needs.
- Understand and define data and analysis requirements for reporting and operational needs
- Automate and streamline data analysis where feasible
- Provide guidance and develop data standards and reporting best practices
- Organize, clean, and combine structured and unstructured data from various sources
- Work with Data Engineering to understand existing People data and identify data quality improvements
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Design, develop, test and launch new reports and dashboards into production
- Maintain and support reports and dashboards running in production
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and presentation of data to develop visually compelling and informative reports and dashboards to support metrics, historical data trend analysis, and identification of opportunities to drive continuous improvement
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - you will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Have expertise in SQL, data structures and data manipulation
- Track record for executing independent projects, leading complex, multi-functional projects, and forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Experienced using data science to meaningfully impact product strategy and execution
- Experienced with one or more of the following in an applied setting: developing statistical frameworks to understand user behavior, advanced statistical techniques for hypothesis testing, methods for experimental design, causal inference, or quasi-experimental analysis
- Strong writer and verbal communicator, with proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics (or related field)
- 2+ years of advanced data reporting, visualization, and dashboard creation
- Extensive experience in Visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or similar. Familiarity with Google Big Query and Data Studio
- Extensive SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation, and analyses; including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field and 5+ years of experience (or Bachelors degree with 7+ years of experience)
- Expertise in solving complex and highly impactful quantitative business problems with Python or R