Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Avatar Marketplace team, you will lead engineering efforts in building an international marketplace for millions of virtual items that users could acquire to customize their avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Because this is an open marketplace, surfacing the right content to the right users is just one side of the story for avatar marketplace. The team is also responsible for building systems that would enable content creators to provide more sophisticated content and become more successful sellers. With daily active users growing at a new record rate, we are looking for an experienced engineer that’s passionate about designing and building scalable systems for both sides of the marketplace. You will will report into an Engineering Manager.
- Experienced in designing and building backend system behind consumer facing API capable of handling large number of concurrent users
- Have dealt with scalability and reliability issues associated with different system architectures including microservice architecture
- Capable of breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages
- A expert in SQL database based application with in-depth knowledge of query optimization and scalability concerns
- A experienced backend engineer with 4+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Designed and implemented public facing backend APIs that could handle large number(millions) of concurrent requests/users
- Experience solving relational DB scalability issues with in depth understanding of DB operation, transaction and query optimization
- Worked on different components/parts of a large scale system/product
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar