Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Technical Writer, you'll have a huge impact on scaling our platform, helping developers learn and build experiences on their own. Your responsibilities include:
- Learn and used products and features such as Roblox Studio and Lua and REST APIs.
- Write technical documentation such as API reference docs, conceptual and task-based feature guides, and tutorials.
- Help improve better information architecture and developer experiences with teams such as Developer Relations, Engineering, Product, and Design.
- Report to our Director of Technical Writing.
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or equivalent, and 1+ years of equivalent experience.
- Technical aptitude and a great eye for taking complex concepts and distilling them into great documentation.
- The ability to bring large docsets to completion, where no processes or standards exist.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar