Head of Design Operations
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
At Roblox we take the long view, but we move fast and iterate. We aim to grow empowered and healthy designers by building tools and systems that remove overhead and allow designers to focus on doing great work. Focus areas for our Design Ops team are: people (growth, communications, culture), programs (pgm, cross-functional coordination, outsourcing) and tools (design systems, prototyping, research).
As the Head of Design Ops, you will work with design leadership (reporting to VP of Design) and cross-functional partners to build scalable infrastructures that remove overhead and support a healthy design team and culture across people, programs and tools. You amplify the impact of design throughout the organization by enabling designers to focus on their work and career growth, facilitating communication and visibility of design strategy, and supporting lightweight and transparent workflows between the design team and the rest of the company. You have experience building and managing design operations at scale, and are looking to use that experience to architect and grow a design ops program from the ground up within a unique and vibrant company culture where many small independent teams are designing and building an ecosystem that supports 200+ million monthly active users and thousands of successful game developers. You’re a curious and empathetic leader who is ready to roll up your sleeves and help build something truly special.
- Work with operations, engineering, product management, and other cross-functional leaders to scope and build programs and tools for effective program management and collaboration.
- Join the design leadership team as an essential member who helps coordinate the collaboration and synthesis of design strategy across multiple product areas.
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and outward to cross-functional partners, the executive team, and the company.
- Articulate and amplify the unique opportunities and culture of design at Roblox, and collaborate with recruiting partners to scale our recruiting pipelines/process and attract great design talent.
- Work with design leadership and the People team to update and expand our job ladders and growth tracks to empower and scale design.
- Manage the flow of product design work as it moves from design to development—plugging smoothly into our existing product development process.
- Hire and lead (directly and indirectly) program managers and operations specialists to scale and maintain design operations.
- 5+ years of experience in design thinking, product design, user experience, or design strategy.
- Have built and led design operations teams and programs at scale.
- Experience and deep understanding of cross functional product development process between engineering, product management and product design.
- Have developed or improved design processes or systems working with internal stakeholders such as legal, finance, marketing, and engineering.
- Familiarity with design systems and design tools such as Figma.
- Strategic foresight and the ability to anticipate problems. You lean into ambiguity and are always looking for new approaches to simplify complex organizational and scaling challenges.
- Great communication at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community