Head of Research
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As Head of Research you will work with the VP of Design, the executive team, and cross-functional partners to kick start and build impactful research programs and teams. You have experience managing research projects and people at scale, and are looking to use that experience to architect and grow a program from the ground up within a unique and vibrant ecosystem that already supports 200+ million monthly active users and thousands of successful game developers. You’re a curious and adaptable leader who has experience across market research, user research (quant and qual) and product development, and are willing to roll up your sleeves for a while to build something truly special.
- Assess and connect our current research capabilities, working with our developer relations, market research, and other teams and efforts.
- Staff and lead execution on the identified research programs and roadmap by building a team, consulting with other Roblox teams, and overseeing outside agencies.
- Synthesize and prioritize research questions within the organization, working with design leadership, the executive team, and cross-functional product groups.
- Scope, prioritize and build programs for foundational research, competitive analysis, usability and design research, and other areas that you identify.
- Help describe and understand our key user groups and their needs/motivations, working with marketing and other partners.
- Partner closely with data science to better understand user behavior and motivations, and create a metrics framework that encapsulates business and user experience measurements.
- Experience executing, leading, or collaborating with multiple research methodologies and approaches including user research, market research, branding, including mixed methods qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience managing teams, crafting growth opportunities and ladders for researchers, and supporting the growth of managers.
- A commitment to inclusion and an empathetic approach to management and to understanding user needs.
- Experience engaging with undefined and emerging product areas, conducting research for innovative products that define new markets and product innovations.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community