Roblox, Engineering Manager, Game Discovery Experience, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Engineering Manager, Game Discovery Experience, you’ll be in charge of building the highly-personalized user-facing surface area across the Roblox app and websites, including the Home page, Search page, Autocomplete, Games page, and Game Details page, collectively serving 90M+ users per day. If you are an experienced technical and people leader with a passion for user-facing products, data-driven decision making and experimentation, and full-stack engineering, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing discovery team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 7+ years of experience driving user interfaces on product-facing fullstack teams with a proven track record of delivering impactful, elegant technical solutions. You have a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of modern client systems and web or app frameworks. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Charismatic: You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Build core teams in the discovery organization and lead them while they create new experiences for millions of users.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering leaders to develop new and improved functionality, interfaces, and workflows.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.