Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox Studio is the IDE used by millions of developers to create games and experiences on Roblox Platform. Several teams are working on products that constitute Studio application. As an Engineering Manager you will lead a team that is in charge of the end-to-end architecture, design, implementation and delivery of Roblox Studio products, tools, modules and components.
About the team
The China Core team is looking for founding engineers to bring on the next big thing. This is a unique opportunity to make contributions across our technology stack. We collaborate closely with Luobu, our China Joint Venture company, and other Roblox engineering teams to deliver an amazing user experience that brings the world together through play.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Strong track record of shipping iOS code changes to the App Store.
- Very competent in C++ and are familiar
- Plus if you can work in Android.
- You will have a deep passion for writing unit tests and love working with a Test Driven Development mindset
- Experience with REST APIs and understand the complexities of networked code
- You work well with other team members, and are able to take on responsibilities for the greater team
- Create best-in-class user-facing applications using Objective C
- Contribute to the mobile applications (both UI and frameworks)
- Work closely with Product and Designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination