Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Reporting to our Director of Client Engineering, the QA group is an essential part of our software engineering team. We are looking for an Automation QA Engineer who will ensure the features we ship satisfy product specifications, and don't compromise system stability or scalability. Come join us if you enjoy game testing and automation!
- You will test game software alongside a passionate gameplay engineering team.
- You will work with Roblox engineering and become familiar with best-practices in game QA testing.
- You will perform regression testing and verify bug fixes.
- You will author testing regressions to fill identified testing gaps.
- You will review and interpret testing results from outsourced testing groups.
- You will work from requirements checklists and product-specific test plans.
- You will document complete defect reports.
- You will occasionally do evening and weekend testing.
- You will work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- 1+ years experience in QA Testing on multi-platform game or game engines.
- 1+ years experience in automation using Python, Java, Ruby, or similar.
- 3+ years experience in QA Testing in general.
- Experience creating and implementing test plans for major feature releases.
- Demonstrative problem solving skills for initial bug investigation.
- Proficiency in deploying test builds to mobile, PC, tablet, and console hardware.
- Working knowledge of bug tracking software (Jira, TestTrack Pro, Fog Bugs, or similar.)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar