The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you’ll play a contributing role in helping us scale our global network infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build and maintain a large scale network infrastructure that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 10 years of experience in production network support and management.
- A network troubleshooting connoisseur: you come ready for action wielding a wealth of Layer 1, 2 and 3 networking expertise. You can triage networking issues on Windows, Linux, Juniper, F5 and others.
- An expert planner: you’re always thinking two steps ahead; you have first-hand experience at capacity planning and working with vendors to provide hardware and installation on time.
- Security-minded: you are familiar with PII & PCI data and understand the requirements these put on data centers.
- Self-organized: you’re excited about getting in front of complex problems, effectively organizing your work and team to get the job done by any means possible; overcoming emergent high-impact issues and contributing to long-running projects comes naturally to you.
- Problem Solver: you ask the right questions to solve issues within your expertise and you use data to test your theories.
- Develop and maintain edge and backbone network infrastructure solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Work with an innovative team and business partners that is currently distributed throughout the globe.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure pieces around the globe.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination