Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Head of Apps Design at Roblox you will lead the overall vision and strategy on apps and e-commerce. You will own the end-to-end design process of new iOS and Android features working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to define new content experiences in our app, and improve existing ones. As this role stretches across multiple product ecosystems, you’ll collaborate cross functionally within and beyond the product design team.
In this role, you’ll be actively involved in defining the strategy for the mobile program team, as a key contributor to defining a future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. Promoting a device-agnostic, systematic approach to crafting customer experiences.
Lastly, you’ll be leading projects and designing features, creating experiences for our players to socialize and play together. Leveraging your leadership and management experience, you’ll guide the team to ideate, create, and refine workflows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to use. As a manager, you’ll eagerly seek and give help and transparency tops your list of values.
- Shipped Product and have experience owning core app product development from inception to post-launch; you have a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs and intuitive
experiences on both iOS and Android.
- A Manager who will grow a team of product designers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will use your leadership methodologies, and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to growth and consumer-focused initiatives.
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration, and actively works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- Excellent Communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Collaborative and excited about building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects.
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company’s and user’s perspective, fostering a learning culture both with in the Product Design team and the larger Tech organization
- Innovative and will contribute new mobile patterns to our mobile design system, and pair with other designers to mentor them on how to use these patterns.
- Understand, leverage and extend our design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
- Collaborate deeply with the development side and craft technically mindful experiences.
- Apply existing experience and interaction patterns, also developing new ones based on user needs.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Ideate, create, and document user flows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to our users, and clear to our development team.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality and user experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar