The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Developer Services Team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, enabling our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services around core game play, developer documentation, forum, talent marketplace, and an analytics platform for our creators and products enabling our creators to communicate with their audiences. You will create and own mission critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant engineering field
- At least 5 years of proven track record delivering projects at scale
- Experienced programming with languages like C#, Java or Go
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Instrumental in implementing large-scale distributed microservices
- Experienced with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Fluent with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Enjoy designing and working with large scale Internet infrastructure
- Knowledgeable about TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL protocols
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions that will enable our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 100 million monthly active players.
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Design systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient
- Design and own highly scalable and reliable network infrastructure
- Build automated management for globally distributed software network services
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination