Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable – across any device – reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Software and Licensing Specialist, you will be responsible for sourcing software and licenses while managing the respective relationships with Roblox service providers. You will work closely with the Roblox Production Engineering team on building and maintaining a standard for quality and performance of our providers along with meeting aggressive timelines.
- Experienced with a BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or 5yr+ equivalent practical experience and in managing software licensing.
- Someone with working knowledge of Network and Server technologies.
- Not afraid to manage Software vendors in a critical operational environment.
- An Expert at managing software as a service vendors.
- Familiar with negotiating contracts and/or pricing associated with software and licensing.
- Managing capital and/or operating expenses and associated budgets.
- Experienced within large-scale Internet infrastructure and with corporate infrastructure and international procurement.
- A Pro when it comes to Project Management.
- Lead complex negotiation for acquiring technology products at the best possible cost and business terms, with special focus on software and cloud based software licenses
- Manage vendor lifecycle activities such as vendor business performance reviews, support contract renewals, vendor conflict resolutions etc
- Communicate on a regular basis with business stakeholders internally and externally.
- Assess cost saving opportunities on all engagements.
- Prepare, redline and negotiate commercial contracts
- Work with stakeholders to ensure best-in-class pricing is negotiated with our partners.
- Work with stakeholders to mitigate risk of supply with partners.
- Work with stakeholders on meeting supply and demand of our capacity requirements
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar