build & release engineer
ROBLOX is the largest user-generated content site in videogames. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create and share elaborate online worlds that anyone can explore and play, generating over 1.7 billion page views and 40 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time with kids and teens. Our mission: to become the global leader in user-generated gaming and creation for all ages.
Own the build and deployment pipeline for our gaming platform- including web tier and game-server cloud:
- Develop and maintain tools to deploy all code
- Configure build and source control servers for continuous integration
- Manage our test sites and migrate them to virtualized on-demand services
- Drive the best practices of integration and testing across engineering
- Build tools to compare & sync differences across environments
- Contribute to the quality of our overall release pipeline
Your goal: ship code multiple times a day, automatically running release candidates through thousands of tests, rolling out across hundreds of servers, and rolling back if business and operational metrics deviate from norms.
- CS Degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience
- Experience with CI systems like TeamCity, Jenkins, or Hudson
- Experience with source control systems, including TFS & Perforce
- Expertise in branching, merging, & conflict resolution strategies
- Expertise in scripting languages (e.g. Perl, python) – PowerShell a big plus
- Proficient with Windows and Linux environments, familiar with Amazon AWS
- Self-organized, creative, fast learner who can work under pressure
- Can design, document, and enforce processes.
- Passion for quality
New candidates, please apply here
Returning candidates, please login here
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. ROBLOX provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits and a 401k program.